Through current affairs online test series, currentaffairsindia.info presents the most relevant model questions on Indian Current Affairs. These questions are applicable to Civil Service Prelims(CSAT 2013), Railway Recruitment Exams, Bank PO and clerical exams and various other competitive exams. The questions are framed from Government releases, various major news papers etc. Any comments/doubts are welcomed!!
1. Which among the following are true about the recently passed Food Security Bill?
1. It gives legal entitlement to 67 per cent population for subsidised grains
2. It includes 75 per cent rural and 50 per cent urban population
3. A beneficiary will be entitled to 5 kg of rice, wheat or coarse cereals at Rs. 3, 2 and Re. 1 a kg a month
4. Beneficiaries will be identified by the State Government
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 4 Only
(b) 2 and 4 Only
(c) 1 and 3 Only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
2.Who among the following has been appointed the new Vice-Chancellor of Indira Gandhi National Open University for next five years?
a) M. Aslam
b) Sanjay G Dhande
c) O N V Kurup
d) Chethan Bhagat
3. Who among the following has won this year’s prestigious Abel Prize in Mathematics.?
a) Alexander Grothendieck
b) John Milnor
c) Kristi Strøm
d) Pierre Deligne
4. This week, the Submarine variant of which supersonic cruise missile was test-fired in the Bay of Bengal?
5. India loses how many children under the age of five every day?
a) Approximately 1000
b) Approximately 2000
c) Approximately 3000
d) Approximately 4000
6. Kandhamal district in Odisha is in news recently for what reason?
a) Lowast literacy rate in India
b) Largest IT park to be established there by Odisa Government
c) Largest tourism project to come there
d) Highest Under Five Mortality Rate in India
7. Which Indian state has the lowest dropout rate of school students in the country?
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
8. The newly elected Pope Francis belongs to which nationality?
d) United States
9. Who won the Man Asian Literary Prize for the year 2012?
a) Tan Tweng Eng
b) Orhan Pamuk
c) Jeet Thayil
d) Jiromi Kawakami
10. 2013 BRICS Summit will be held at
b) New Delhi
If you are able to answer 7 questions, your preparation is satisfactory
Incoming keywords 1. Current Affairs online test series. 2. Current Affairs Quiz 2013. 3. India Current Affairs Quiz 2013. 4. India Current Affairs Quiz March 2013.