Through this online GK question series, currentaffairsindia.info presents the most relevant model questions on General Knowledge. These questions are applicable to all UPSC exams, PSC Exams, Railway Recruitment Exams, Bank PO and clerical exams and various other competitive exams. Any comments/doubts are welcomed!!
1. Which among the following are true about Balwant Rai Mehta Committee?
1. Committee appointed by the Government of India in January 1957
2. It was mainly appointed to examine the working of the Community Development Programme of 1952
3. The recommendations of the committee resulted in the launching of Panchayati Raj Institutions throughout India
4. Panchayati Raj is an example for democratic centralisation.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3 Only
(b) 2 and 4 Only
(c) 1 and 3 Only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Did you know
The Balwant Rai Mehta Committee was a committee appointed by the Government of India in January 1957 to examine the working of the Community Development Programme (1952) and the National Extension Service (1953) and to suggest measures for their better working. The recommendations of the committee were approved by NDC in January 1958 and this set the stage for the launching of Panchayati Raj Institutions throughout the country. The committee recommended the establishment of the scheme of ‘democratic decentralisation’ which finally came to be known as Panchayati Raj.(wiki)