Through this online GK question series, currentaffairsindia.info presents the most relevant model questions on General Knowledge. These questions are applicable to all UPSC exams, PSC Exams, Railway Recruitment Exams, Bank PO and clerical exams and various other competitive exams. Any comments/doubts are welcomed!!
1. Who is known as the "Father of the White Revolution in India"?
(a) Norman Borlaug
(b) M.S. Swaminathan
(c) Verghese Kurian
(d) Abdul Kalam
Did you know
1. Verghese Kurian founded around 30 institutions of excellence (like AMUL, GCMMF, IRMA, NDDB) which are owned, managed by farmers and run by professionals.
2. Hailed as the "Milkman of India", Kurien won several awards including the Padma Vibhushan (India's second-highest civilian honour), the World Food Prize and the Magsaysay Award for community leadership.
3. With White Revolution, Dairy farming became India’s largest self-sustaining industry
4. His achievements with the Amul dairy led Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri to appoint him as the founder-chairman of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) in 1965, to replicate Amul's "Anand model" nationwide