Maharatna Companies of India

Coal India Limited


Coal India Limited(CIL) is an Government-controlled coal mining company headquartered in Kolkata and the world's largest coal miner with revenue exceeding 624.15 billion in FY 2012. It is the largest corporate employer with approx 3.8 lakh employees, contributing around 81% of the total coal production in india. It was formerly owned entirely by the Government of India, under the administrative control of the Ministry of Coal.In 2011, CIL was conferred the Maharatna status by the Union Government of India and ranked as one of India's most valuable company by market value. It is currently 90% owned by the Government of India with the remaining 10% owned by the public. See job opportunities in CIL

Steel Authority of India


Steel Authority of India, founded in 1973, is one of the largest India Government owned steel makers in India and one of the top steel makers in World. Steel Authority of India is among the top five highest profit earning corporates of the country. SAIL has more than 1.1 lakh employees. With an annual production of 13.5 million metric tons, SAIL is the 14th largest steel producer in the world. Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) in Odisha, Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP) in Chhattisgarh, Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL) in Jharkhand, Durgapur Steel Plant (DSP) in West Bengal are the main integrated steel plants of SAIL. It is one of the five Maharatna status companies of India, along with Coal India, IOCL, NTPC and ONGC. See job opportunities in SAIL

Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited


Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, founded in 1956, is an India Government owned oil and gas company headquartered in Dehradun. It is one of the world's largest oil and gas exploration and production companies, and produces around 77% of India's crude oil which is equivalent nearly 30% of the country's total demand and around 81% of its natural gas. It is one of the largest publicly traded companies by market capitalization in India. In the Fortune Global 500 list, it has been ranked 357th of the world's biggest corporations for the year 2012. Currently India Government owns 74.14% equity stake and the rest is with public. It is one of the five Maharatna status companies of India, along with Coal India, IOCL, NTPC and Steel Authority of India. See job opportunities in ONGCL

NTPC Limited


NTPC Limited, founded in 1975, is the largest India Government owned electric utilities company with its headquarters in New Delhi. It is listed in Forbes Global 2000 for 2011 ranked it 348th in the world. It is an Indian public sector company in which at present the Government of India holds 84.5% of its equity. With a current generating capacity of 39,174 MW, NTPC has embarked on plans to become a 75,000 MW company by 2017. NTPC's core business is construction and operation of power generating plants and providing consultancy to power utilities in India and abroad. It is one of the five Maharatna status companies of India, along with Coal India, IOCL, ONGC and Steel Authority of India. See job opportunities in NTPCL

Indian Oil Corporation Limited


Indian Oil Corporation Limited is an India Government owned oil and gas corporation with its headquarters in New Delhi. According to the Fortune Global 500 list, the company is the world's 83rd largest public corporation and the largest public corporation in India when ranked by revenue. IndianOil and its subsidiaries account for a 47% share in the petroleum products market, 34% share in refining capacity and 67% downstream sector pipelines capacity in India. The IndianOil Group of Companies owns and operates 10 of India's 21 refineries with a combined refining capacity of 65.7 million metric tons per year.It is one of the five Maharatna status companies of India, along with Coal India, NTPC, ONGC and Steel Authority of India. See job opportunities in IOCL

What are Navratna Companies?


The Maharatna status is given to Navaratna companies those having average turnover of more than 25,000 crores annually and 5,000 crores of net profit. The Maharatna firms can decide on investments of up to 15% of their networth in a project.The list published above is as on July 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment